Little Pond on the Prairie

....where the little adventures mean the most!

What Happened to the Weekend?

Monday, July 03, 2006

As I laid in bed this morning unable to sleep, there was only one question that keep creeping into my mind; Where the hell did the weekend go? Then, as I seem to be doing more often these days, I answered myself; Baseball, Baseball, Baseball! DS14 and DS9 were both playing in a Forth of July baseball tournament about an hour away from where we live. It's actually the same town where I work and grew up. DS14 and I lived there until 2003 when we moved in with DF. DS14 had a really good weekend. He's the catcher and the incentive of playing against his old buddies helped him to have a really good game, even though they lost; it was a personal victory for him. DS9 was on a team with mostly 10 year olds so, he didn't see much action this year, although he is a very good player. Next year he will be starting as a 10 year old. DS14 stayed down there with his grandparents last night as he has another game today- which he "gave" me permission to miss. Although I don't miss many; he pleads that he plays better when I'm not there - obviously I won't be there on the day the "scouts" are watching! MIL in hinting that she hasn't seen the baby enough so BG will probably spend most of the day over there today! OK - those of you that keep up will realize that this will leave us childless for most of today and possibly this evening! HELP! What do people do when they don't have their kids? Happy Monday morning to all!
posted by sports_mom91, 8:20 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment