Little Pond on the Prairie

....where the little adventures mean the most!

Nothing Exciting- Just Enjoying for our Family

Monday, October 17, 2005

Today is one of those days that would be better off spent at home. I'm in the mood to organize! Although we had a relaxing weekend. I feel like I failed to accomplish anything productive, besides cooking dinner, picking up the house and doing a load or two of laundry. Those are just the basics! And it never fails on Monday mornings I look back at the things that I would have like to have done. I'm sure I'm not the only one with the Monday morning feeling!

It was a nice weekend though. On Saturday, DS8 wrapped up his baseball season with a 2nd place finish in the tournament. We bought our pumpkins and put them on the display, although we didn't get to paint them, yet. DS13 had a friend spend the night so all the kids had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers. Sunday began with a big breakfast (late in the morning….) and then the kids were back outside playing football, riding the four wheeler, etc. DF and I enjoyed some quiet time- although depressing- trying to root on our Cardinals. They just don't seem to have it together when they need to. It is always a sad time when we have to return DD10 and DS8 to their mom on Sunday evenings. Luckily I had enough to keep me busy. DS13 and I went to a sports meeting for parents at the school. Then, when we got home, I fixed my homemade chicken noodle soup and pasta salad for our Boss's Day luncheon. We decided on a soup and salad theme. We'll have all different kinds of soups and chili's. Yes, Fall is finally here.

And then there is the swift kick and tugging on my belly to remind me of the new life that we have to look forward to. I think of how this weekend would have been if she were on the outside of our world. And suddenly, I'm very tired again….
posted by sports_mom91, 1:14 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment