Little Pond on the Prairie

....where the little adventures mean the most!

About Me: The Condensed Version

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Currently, I am 37 years old. Considering this is the first description that came to my mind, it is obviously the one that bothers me the most! I am expecting the birth of my second child in early December although a surprise Thanksgiving delivery would be more than welcome. I have a 13 year old son (your condolences are greatly appreciated). Each birthday he counts down the years until he gets his license. Each year on his birthday, I count my blessings that I am not in prison for murder. We live with my wonderful fiancé. He very recently turned 37 also- ending my 3 month sentence of being "older" that him. After learning from experience that NOTHING is perfect, he is the closest I could ever to be to heaven on earth. With that said, yes, there are still days that I count my blessing that I am not in prison for murder. He is the father of a 10 year old daughter and an 8 year old son from a previous marriage. All of our children are healthy, good students, athletic and for the most part, well behaved. I will be happy to have a little one again. I'll be glad to have someone think that I'm all knowing and can fix anything. (Can you tell I have a teenage son?) Our 4th child is due December 5th. We had a name picked out for a boy. That seemed rather easy. Therefore, we are having a baby girl and while I'm so excited and can't wait for her arrival- we have yet to pick out her name. We have a list of about 20 names that we like with several combinations. Our goal is to have it down to a couple and then decide when she is born. However, this is really starting to weigh heavily on me as I had a dream that we celebrated her 1st birthday with "Happy Birthday Baby Girl" on her cake!

I work full time as an Executive Secretary for a Manufacturing company. I have been with the company for 9 years. Although there is a 40 mile one way commute, I am off most of the summer, so it all balances out.

Our summers are filled with baseball and softball games. This year my son also played on an organized football team, getting ready for Freshman ball next year! (Cringe!) They are now all starting basketball practice, which will take us right into baseball season next spring!

Just to make this simple, I will use the following, basic, abbreviations:

DF = Dear Fiancé
DS13 = My Handsome 1st born Son
DD10 = My Beautiful Step-Daughter
DS8 = My Crazy Step-Son
DD = My Highly Anticipated Baby Girl, due Dec. 5th
posted by sports_mom91, 7:38 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment