Little Pond on the Prairie

....where the little adventures mean the most!

Biter Biscuits and Baseball

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I had a new perspective of things last night at the baseball field. I was sitting on the bottom row of bleacher- listening to the hum of motherly conversations behind me. As I was giving my 7 month old daughter her first biter biscuit, my 14 year old son came up to bat. WOW! I'm sure there are other mothers with larger gaps between 1st/last children, but, for me, WOW! My two "step" children (hate the term and looking for another way to describe two wonderful children that feel like mine, but, sadly for us, must spend more time in their mother's home than ours) - Anyway, they fall in between at 11 and 9, which does help the overall picture - But as my son will graduate from high school in the spring of 2010, my daughter will begin school the fall of 2011!

I am so blessed with wonderful children - all 4 of them. Polite, outgoing, average or better students, and yeah, that baby is pretty smart too!

An old Family Circus cartoon hangs on our refrigerator and my wall at work:

"Enough! This is a lecture; not a debate!"

I'm so happy that my life could be a cartoon strip or sitcom - it could be so much worse!
posted by sports_mom91, 8:31 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment