Little Pond on the Prairie

....where the little adventures mean the most!

And Baby Makes - FOUR!!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's been 3 months since my last post! I can't believe how time has flown! Most importantly, we welcomed Shelby Janelle on December 1st, 2005. 7lb. 8oz. She is beautiful! I can just watch her constantly. And now that I am unfortunately back to work, Ijust stare at her picture, wishing it was time to go home. She is such a good baby, as long as you keep her little belly full. She has 3 very proud and helpful siblings and a Daddy that is already wrapped around that little finger! My favorite time with her is when I feed her at 4:30 in the morning before I go to work. She is bottle feeding, but this makes it a little easier on Daddy when he has to take her to the sitter. It is so quiet in the house and just she and I in the rocker. She smelled so good this morning after her bath last night. She just looks at me with those big blue eyes over that bottle and we talk about all the things that we're gonna do. It gets more difficult each day to leave her.
She has been wonderful with all the running that we have been doing. She goes to the basketball games with us- with 3 kids involved, there seems to be at least one game every day. We also support the local high school team on the weekends! Sometimes she sleeps and other times she's just content with everyone waiting for their turn to hold her. She has been very healthy so far. DF has been sick since we brought her home. Mostly sinuses. The kids have had colds, but so far, Shelby has remained quite healthy.
She's growing so quickly. At 5 weeks she was already up to 10lbs. I just wish that time would move a little more slowly. I can wait for her to crawl and walk. I'm content to finally have her here with her big grin.
posted by sports_mom91, 1:13 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment